Competition Terms & Conditions
If you would like to enter a competition we are running, please be aware of our terms and conditions.
- Competitions are open to residents of the United Kingdom except employees of Durham County Council and their close relatives.
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age to enter the competition unless otherwise stated.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter a competition.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- No further entries will be permitted after the stated closing date.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries or prizes not received, for whatever reason.
- Durham County Council reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition, and these terms and conditions, without notice if necessary, due to matters outside of our control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible.
- Durham County Council’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- In promoting this competition, Durham County Council is not intending to enter any legally enforceable agreement with those people who choose to enter.
The prize and winning
- Durham County Council is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and Durham County Council reserves the right to substitute any prize without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all entries received.
- The winner will be notified by direct message on social media, as appropriate, when the competition closes. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize during the festival on 5-6 August 2023, Seaham Food Festival, on behalf of Durham County Council reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner. Seaham Food Festival will notify the winner and the prize needs to be collected during the festival weekend on 5-6 August 2023.
What we do with your data
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material associated with the competition, as well as their entry.
- Durham County Council may not hold the prize and may need to share your personal details with a third party – this will be made clear on the competition. If this is the case, your data will be passed to the company that provides the prize, and by entering the competition you agree for us to pass on this information in order to arrange collection/delivery of your prize. The company will only use this to provide you with the prize and it will not be used for any other purpose.
- The winner’s name will be available for 28 days after it has been drawn, if you contact us by email.
Offers and marketing
- As part of the competition entry, you may be offered additional opportunities, such as mailing lists and marketing.
- Any such opportunities will be clearly marked, and may be from 3rd parties.
- You will not receive any contact around these opportunities, unless you have chosen to do so. Your entry into the competition will not be affected by your decision.
- If any marketing or offers are provided by a 3rd party and we need to pass your details on to them, this will be clearly stated. Should you which to stop taking advantage of the offer at a later date, you would need to contact the appropriate 3rd party directly.